Matthew Whaley Elementary School PTA
We are Matthew Whaley parents, friends, and grandparents volunteering time in multiple ways to support our school! The PTA is a non-profit organization designed to facilitate parental participation in Matthew Whaley Elementary School.
“PTA’s mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.”
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.
We are always looking for ways to have a positive impact and hope you will support and join us! Contact us at email@example.com.
2020-21 PTA Board Members & Committee Leaders
President: Sarah Lichtel
Vice President Membership: Melissa Reeves
Vice President Teacher/Student Support: Nina Simone
Secretary: Sarah Huber
Treasurer: Jessica Stehle
Fundraising Committee Chairs
Spirit Nights: TBD
Merchandise : TBD
Whaley Walk: Meredith Harrison & Julie Jenkins
Strawberry Festival: Meredith Robertson & Sarah Balascio
Yearbook: Rebecca Vinroot
Corporate Support: TBD
Student and Teacher Focused Committee Chairs
Garden: Rachel Maris-Wolf
Hospitality: Melissa Reeves
International Night: Muricia Davis
Mattey’s Closet: TBD
Mini-grants: Nina Simone
Reflections: Tori Otstot
Supply Closet: Sarah Menefee
Family Focused Committee Chairs
Diversity & Inclusion: Muricia Davis & Eric Hilton
Membership: Melissa Reeves
PTAC: Tori Otstot
Resiliency: Rebecca Vinroot
Communication Committee Chairs
Spanish Interpretation: Sarah Menefee
Website: Rebecca Scheetz
Social Media: Sarah Huber
Mattey’s Monthly Memo: Jamison Miller